- Yum-have you tried this cookie butter from Trader Joe’s? It has the most interesting taste but is absolutely delicious! I have made several desserts with cookie butter but I prefer to just eat it on a spoon! It is a good substitute for peanut butter when making desserts. I found another type of cookie butter spread at our local grocery store, but it’s not nearly as good as Trader Joe’s (but I am slightly addicted to that store!).
- This is my first week back to school. Ugh. My least favorite part of preparing for the work day is packing lunches. I loved summertime when I didn’t have to pack my lunch and breakfast and lunch for my kids. To save time, I always pack our breakfasts and lunches the night before. I like to sleep in as much as possible during the school year. Unfortunately, that still means I have to wake up around 5:45am to be out the door by 6:50 in order to drop the kids off and make it to school between 7:30-40.
- Hopefully we will get more into a routine as the school year goes on. Since it’s only day three of back to school, it’s been difficult adjusting to not sleeping in, not spending all day with the kiddos, etc. I really miss my time with my kids. By the time I get home from school and pick them up, it’s time for dinner, a little play time, then baths, story time, and bed. Ideally, I would like to work part-time, but that’s not feasible. I do LOVE that I have the summers off. I can’t imagine having a job where I worked year round. One big advantage to being a teacher!
- Fall consignment sale #2 is coming up in about a month, so I need to start re-tagging the items that I didn’t sell at the first sale. I sold about 125 out of 200 items at the first sale and made a good amount of money. This second sale is much smaller but is still worth it. I plan on discounting most of the items so they will sell. If they don’t, I might donate some of the items and hang onto some of the nicer items. In the spring, both consignment sales are the same weekend, which doesn’t work well for those of us who sell at both sales. Last year, I sold at both sales but am probably just going to do the bigger sale this time.
- Still soaking up as much summer/outdoor time as we can. Here’s Will attempting to blow bubbles last night.
- I have been searching for a chalkboard picture or printable to use for Will’s first day/last day of preschool. I found a neat chalkboard sign on Etsy (one of my favorite sites!) that I might get. Yes, I’m going to be one of those parents who gets a picture of their first day of/last day of school until they’ve graduated high school, ha!
- Speaking of pictures, I’m trying to go through and delete some of the thousands (literally) of photos I have on our computer. Every once in a while we will get a message saying that our hard drive is almost full, so I go and delete some pics. I’m really bad about not deleting not good pics off my camera. I tend to just upload everything onto the computer and go through the pictures at a later point. I really need to find a better way to organize/sort through all my pictures.
- Shutterfly recently had a coupon code for a free 8×8 photo book (you just pay shipping). I need to get started on the photo book before it expires! It’s just hard to find the time, especially now that I’m back to work!