I love that Will and Harper enjoy being read to:). It’s so much fun when they hop in your lap with a favorite (falling apart, taped together!) book to read…so precious! It melts my heart when I see my husband reading to them:). Here are some of our current favorite board books (this list changes on a daily basis, ha!).
1. Little Blue Truck by Alice Schertle. My mom picked out this book for Will last year and we love it! Cute pics and a great message! There’s another “Little Blue Truck” book but I haven’t read it…wonder if it’s as good.
2. The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle. Such a classic! I think every kiddo should have this book!! Will adored this book so much when he was younger that we bought him a small stuffed “Pam-Pam” (his word for caterpillar when he was a baby) that he played with frequently. You can see how worn out this book is! It has huge creases on the cover!
3. Gossie and all of the books in that series by Olivier Dunrea! We love the cute, silly stories about Gossie and her friends.
4. Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can You?, a Dr. Seuss Book. Oh, the wonderful sounds Mr. Brown can do! He can moo like a cow, moo moo… I love this rhyming sing-songy book! It’s one of the many books I have memorized and can read in my sleep!
5. Moo, Baa, La La La by Sandra Boynton. She’s a fabulous author of toddler books! Miss H. absolutely loves this book and goes around the house saying, “Moo, baa, la la la!”
When my son turned one, my sister-in-law got Will several board books from Amazon. She included a note with each book explaining why they chose the books for Will. Each one was very popular with my nephew and she wanted to share with us. Such a fun idea! And the books she chose are some of our favorites as well!
We also love the classic Goodnight Moon and many others. This was just a quick recap of today’s faves! What are your favorite board books?